Technical Basics of Bassoon Playing - major - BSN METHOD
Composer: Mendel, Andreas
The Technical Basics of Bassoon Playing - major:
This book is a collection of tried and tested exercises, which will enable you to acquire an effective and comprehensive technique. They are systematically arranged and alternate “flowing” exercises, which train fluency and consistency, with “repeated” exercises, which improve the precision of difficult finger movements.
The following exercises appear in each key:
• Scale, possible variations, 5-note scale, scale with auxiliary note,
• basic pattern, scale with auxiliary note
• Thirds, repeated, flowing, with auxiliary note
• Fourths, repeated, flowing, with auxiliary note
• Arpeggios, arpeggios with variations
The book concludes with daily exercises for developing a good sound (Prof. Albrecht Holder), with half-holed fingerings exercises and with another exercise training diminished arpeggios (Prof. David Seidel)
This study book consists of 112 pages and is a wonderful supplement to daily practice for bassoon players of almost every level.
Share this item: